Two years after the launch of the Rainbow Welcome! project, POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ-PLS and its European partners are pleased to invite you to their final conference on Wednesday 12 October 2022 at the European Parliament in Brussels. The conference is supported by the LGBT Intergroup.
In various parts of the world, the rights of LGBTIQ+ people are severely violated and infringed. Often, in order to survive, these people are forced to seek asylum in countries considered "safe", yet where vulnerabilities and violence are repeated. The Rainbow Welcome project, led by five European organisations, was created to improve the reception of LGBTIQ+ asylum seekers and refugees and to combat the discrimination they face.
Equality and non-discrimination are core values and fundamental rights in the European Union, but what about the rights of LGBTIQ+ people seeking asylum in the EU-27?
The event will be an opportunity to debate with civil society actors and representatives of the European institutions on the policies in place in Europe. A topic that concerns migration policies as much as inclusion and equal opportunities.
Save the date and book your place now so you don't miss the event. More information on the programme will be available soon.
- When? Wednesday 12 October 2022 from 3:30pm to 6pm (followed by a free drink).
- Where? European Parliament (rue Wiertz 60, 1047 Brussels)
- How to register? Via this form. As the number of places available is limited, we invite you to reserve your place now. Registration closes on 3 October 2022.
Due to the security measures applicable in the European Parliament, you will be asked to present your identity documents to attend the conference.
- Language? The event will be simultaneously translated into French and English.
- Participation at the conference and the drink are free, but registration is compulsory.
In the meantime, join the #RainboWelcome campaign and take action for a better reception of LGBTIQ+ asylum seekers!